Spoiler alert: this review is going to be really short.
I watched it.
I did it.
It took me 4 months.
I did not understand what the fuck was happening.
Visually, it is beautiful. The landscapes, lens glares and colours are magnificent. It’s worth watching 10 hours of this season just to see the cinematography. It’s absolutely magnificent.
The acting is mesmerising. There were parts I couldn’t take my eyes off of the screeen, even though I did not get what was going on.
This is what I think I have internalised:
- Dolores is now evil
- Maeve can control other hosts
- The humans/creators are collecting the data of all the guests (Facebook and Cambridge Analytica style).
- Bernard is… a host? But not all the time? I don’t know I’m still confused
- There are more than two timelines (?)
- There are more universes than the Wild West one.
- There is a sort of heaven.
- Half the cast is dead.
Kudos to the actors, directors and the entire production team for creating a great show I do not understand in the slightest.
That’s my ony complaint. The show itself. It is really really hard to follow. Not even reading professional reviewers from The New York Times helped me.
I do not think I’ll be watching season 3 (probably airing in 2020). I can’t do this.
p.s. I wrote this in August. Then got sidetracked by the Fall Premiere season…