First of all, I thought writing a blog would be easier. I didn’t factor how time-consuming it actually is. At least for me, it takes me a long time to write a post about my favourite tv shows: grab the stills from the episode, upload them here and writing something that resemble coherency.
Since I will be starting again University in 10 days, I KNOW I will not have the same amount of time I have had in this past month. So, I decided to gather everything in a single post.
Another issue I have: I watch A LOT of shows. And I mean A LOT A LOT. And if 4 new episode come out the same day, it is pretty difficult to review every single one of them in depth.
Enough with my excuses, Here are the shows I have seen this week.
- First of all, on Sunday there was the ITV drama “Victoria” which I LOVE! I wrote a review of the first episode (Find it here) and episode 2 was just as great. Lord Melbourne was forced to resign from his position of Prime Minister and the Queen wasn’t having it. She fought with him and didn’t want to accept Robert Peel as substitute of her dear Lord M. Also, her uncle started to spread rumors about her mental instability, claims that were reinforced by an outburst of the Queen herself due to an infestation of rats in the palace. Just like in Downton Abbey, the downstairs servant messed with each other. Here it was about the installation of gas. The depiction of the Queen might have seem childish, but if you really think about it, she was a sheltered child who suddenly became Queen of the British Empire. Anyway, I definitely recommend it to anyone. Not just for a historical point of few, but it is actually very well made.
- On Tuesday, there was the Pretty Little Liars summer finale! I have talked about it on my never ending post, so go check that out! HERE
Wednesday was the big day for me. 5 episodes in one day!!!
- On BBC ONE there was the Great British Bake Off and this is where I stopped being diligent. After THIS review, I kinda stopped. Anyway, eventful episode: I learnt what Jaffa Cakes are!!!
- SUITS – USANetworks’s Suits is one of my favourite shows EVER. I still haven’t written a blog post about it, but I will. I promise. For those of you that aren’t familiar with it, it talks about a law firm in New York City. The main focus is Mike, a bike messenger with a photographic memory who was kicked out of law school. Even tough he is not allowed to practice the law, he gets hired by Harvey Specter and together with Jessica the boss, Louis the weird attorney, Donna the secretary and Rachel the paralegal, they try to survive in NYC and hid Mike’s secret from everyone. IT. IS. AMAZING. The depth of the characters, the comedy bits, Harvey’s badass attitude and Donna being Donna… It is one of the best shows EVER. I highly recommend to EVERYONE!
- THE NIGHT SHIFT – I started watching his 2 years ago only because Eoin Macken (Sir Gwaine from BBC’s Merlin) was in it. Like it. Thought there was a lot of room for improvement. But season 3 surprised me. In my opinion it is detached from the other two: it deals with important social issues in America such like discrimination, police attacking black people and the war in Syria. I wouldn’t consider it very good, but not even bad. Is it bad to say average? I don’t want to diss on the show, but let’s just say that I could be better.
- YOU’RE THE WORST – I reviewed the series in general in my first ever review on this blog (You can read it here) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. It is so real, so true, a bit racy and very open about sexuality AND I LOVE IT. But the show isn’t just a rated M romantic comedy. It talks about depression, war veterans, responsibility and so much more. It may seem like a frivolous show, but if you look behind all the sex and inappropriate jokes and comments, you will find an amazing show. Definitely in my TOP 10. And this week’s episode was everything and more than I expected. GO CHECK IT OUT NOW!
- MR. ROBOT – The episode (number 9 I believe) came out but I am still stuck on episode 3… I also previously review the show, but although I watched season 1 every quickly (barely understanding was as going on) I want to take some time to watch it properly. I’ll probably binge watch it as soon as all the episode have come out. I managed to stay free from spoiler, so please. Don’t say anything if you have seen it.
So, this was my TV show week.
I have been pretty busy because I had a german exam on the 30th of August and I wanted to take a few day off.
I enjoyed writing these smalls review of the shows and of the episodes and I’ll probably start doing it more. Anyway, I have a few other bit and bobs to post…
Not TV shows related!! I have been thinking about writing a “First year at Uni” post and something else that I have discovered recently.
Hope you have a nice Sunday! If you want you can follow me on Twitter or on my Goodreads page!
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/georgiasblog1